Blue Ox Logcrafters offer several styles of handcrafted log homes including full-scribe (Swedish-cope), dovetail, round-notch chink style, and piece-n-piece.
|Through the use of dead-standing spruce, pine, or fir (other species available) our log shells are assured of minimal shrinkage or warping of the logs. Although we use dry dead-standing logs we still allow for settling of the log walls. The logs come from the forest in a natural state, we then hand peel and handcraft them into the final product. The log shell is pre-built in our yard and shipped to the client where; for our regional clients it is re-assembled onsite by our crew, for out-of-area clients the log shell is re-assembled with the support of at least one supervisor. This assures all our clients quality from the beginning to the end. Blue Ox Logcrafters work closely with the general contractor or owner/builder and the subcontractors to make sure once the shell is erected that it is finished properly in regards to settling, structural integrity, etc. No one but Blue Ox Logcrafters needs to do any cuts, drilling, etc. into the logwork.
Our typical log package includes:
- bottom, plate, and floor joist logs flattened to accept framing
- pre-drilling and installation of thru-bolts and fasteners
- pre-drilling of electrical, phone, and other chases
- electrical box and plate mortises
- partition wall, cabinet, and other cuts
- window and door openings cut, keyed, and dressed
- screw-jacks where necessary
- log ends and archways cut and sanded
- notches and lateral grooves taped and insulated
- drift-pins drilled and installed on chink-style
- TPI inspected and graded logs
- dead-standing logs
- borate treatment
- full crew and crane to re-assemble in our region
- supervisors to help re-assemble out-of-area
- consultation with designers, architects, general contractors, subs, owners
- loft log joists/beams/columns
- log/timber roof systems
- log deck systems
- log stairs
- log railing
- log accents - mantels, furniture, etc.
- window and door bucks
- general contracting
- drafting and design services
For more information please contact us. We will be happy to answer all your questions!